Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Team Spiridon at Danskin

A few folks from Team Spee, Eve, Christina, and Vicky, took on the Danskin Triathlon Sunday. I believe it was Vicky's first tri, Eve's second, and I think Christina's fourth. It sounded like the wind made the water choppy for the swim and definitely made the biking tough. Still, Vicky finished, Eve did well despite maybe a bit of a lack of hardcore training this summer, and Christina finished fourth in her age group, and 40th overall.

I personally have no race report, as the women's-only nature of the event happily prevented me from wearing tight lycra clothing, exerting myself and most likely drowning. I did, however, take some pictures...




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, it was my second Tri, but it certainly wasn't any easier. I entered the mixed aged group so I could be with my friends. Our swim wave consisted of about 125 women. This made the swim portion much harder because it was crowded in the water, the water was choppy and let's not forget the wind. I took in so much water during the swim that I no longer had to worry about dehydration. Nice! The goal was to finish with my friends and I did. The best part? That's easy...seeing the finish line.

Jack said...

Congrats to all three of you ladies!