Friday, August 22, 2008

Team Spiridon Nears The Start Line... Wait for it...

Look! New content! As already seen in email!

Well, I hope all you slacky slackers are enjoying your slacking, cause it's about to end.

Team Spiridon begins its second half marathon/marathon training season on Tuesday, September 2, at 6:30pm. Here's your handy, pocket-sized, easily digestible list of details:

1. We'll meet every Tuesday evening and Saturday morning up to the Austin Marathon and Half Marathon (it's not AT&T anymore).

2. Tuesday evenings will be at 6:30 until the confluence of several events - Daylight Savings Time ends, workouts get longer, and it gets cooler. I'm thinking sometime in October. At that point, we'll meet at 5:45pm or 6:00pm.

3. Saturday mornings will be at 7am, with the exception of a few longer runs.

4. Alternate Workouts: If Saturdays don't work for you, or you need to miss one, I'll probably be doing my long runs on Friday or Sunday mornings, so we can work that out.

5. Money. Stupid money. I'm sticking with $150, same as last year, because I don't want to have to go through thinking about it again. Returning members, let's say $140, rewarding you and allowing you to recoup some of last year's waffle iron contributions.

5(a). If money is really an issue for you, let me know, and we'll set up a payment plan or something. If you aren't sure of your commitment or ability at this point, talk to me, and we'll work something out.

5(b). If you want to charge it or whatever, you can use PayPal. Go to www.paypal.com, and click "Send Money" (duh). My email address, of course, is robhill45@gmail.com.

6. How Ready is Ready? I'd like the half marathoners to be able to run 3-4 miles coming into the training. Marathoners, 5-6. If you're not there, let me know. There's time yet, and we can work with you to get you up to speed.

7. Charity - We'll be choosing a couple of charities, one for peoples, one for animal peoples, to raise money for. Be thinking about that.

8. Nike Human Race - If you aren't running the big Nike Human Race on August 31 (nighttime race), I could use your help working at my water stop. We've got a sweet spot right in front of the Bob Bullock Museum, you get a cool Nike Human Race volunteer shirt, we'll have fun, and you'll get to go to the big Ben Harper post-race concert. And, it's as close as some of us will get to being part of any human race. Contact me if'n your interested.

9-11. These are the things I can't think of right now, that I'll remember as soon as I hit "send".

OK, that's it for now. If you have questions, holla. We'll have some new faces, and they all seem to be cool people that will fit right in. I know it's hot, but just think how nice it's going to feel in a couple of months. We're gonna have some fun, and we're gonna run well. See you in a couple of weeks...

No comments: