Friday, October 19, 2007

Jim Defeats Ten of Terror

Says... "Meh."

So, FYI for you marathoners, Jim ran the ten-mile course that is currently titled the "Ten of Terror", and survived... happily. What am I going to have to do to make you people suffer?

He reports:
"No way I was bailing on the evil bump (left of Barton Skyway) - I wanted the whole package. Cassarine Pass is Wilke's sister. She was mean and harsh, but I got over (two grades up, turn a corner and still more to climb). Barton Hills had a couple of nice bumps. I had hidden some orange water just before Wilke (drove by and dropped it off at 6:45 am on my way to whole foods just in case). Wilke felt like it was straight up. This was the only hill I had to partially walk. After Wilke, as you said, the reward was lots of downhill to the trail.

The Ten of Terror was an excellent challenge. I liked the middle harshness followed by the soft finish. I felt good through the end thanks to a crisp cool morning."
Hmph. I'm trying to arrange for temperatures in the 90's, with 134% humidity for tomorrow morning. And, like, Verne Troyer-sized hail, but the stupid meatierologists are projecting 54 degrees at 7am, 88% humidity. Phooey.

Well, I'll see you tomorrow, 7am, Whole Foods! (Unless you're running the 10K on Sunday, in which case you should only run 3-4 easy miles.)

3 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm not scared.

Rob said...

Luke: I won't fail you. I'm not afraid.
Yoda: You will be. You will be.

And we all know how THAT ended - he gets his hand lopped off!

Well, though he got a pretty cool bionic replacement that didn't seem to bother him much... but then, his friend Indiana Jones got frozen, too... Of course, he got to see Leia in that hawt bikini get-up... of course, it turns out she's his sister, so that's no good... Oh, yeah, and he had to go to that horrible planet with those hideous Ewoks... And then Jack Ryan hooks up with his sister, and he's left with a couple of stupid droids, and not the ones I'm looking for, either.

So, on balance, you should be afraid.

Sprezzatist said...

Bring it on. :)